NEWS ARTICLE: 04-13-16
Angel Fire Proud Slates Community Clean Up Day
Dig out your outdoor work clothes and prepare to roll up your sleeves for Angel Fire’s village-wide clean up. The Village of Angel Fire and Angel Fire Proud’s (AFP) organizers are hosting their Annual Spring Clean Up, Saturday, May 14, 8:30 – 11:30 a.m., rain or shine.
Following a successful tradition of clean up events in which residents have collected hundreds of pounds of trash, AFP is seeking help with their 2016 spring effort.
Neighbors of all ages can join hands with local businesses, community groups, Village leadership and staff to boost civic involvement across the village and improve the quality of life for all residents and visitors. “Every pair of hands is appreciated,” said Bill Humbert, AFP chair. “Working together helps the village look its best and makes us all Angel Fire proud.”
Also, Angel Fire residents with proof of residency can dump appliances (no refrigerators), slash and more for free at the Angel Fire Collection Center, 55 Camino Grande, east of Highway 434 near the Moreno Valley High School. But no tires, paint or commercial and demolition waste. The collection center will be open Saturday 8 a.m. - noon.
CLEAN UP DAY DETAILS:
- When: Saturday, May 14 beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- Where: Meet at the Village Hall, 3388 Mountain View Blvd., for supplies, including gloves, bags and T-shirts.
- Who: Neighbors, businesses, community organizations, anyone, everyone!
- Coffee and donuts: While signing in and picking up supplies volunteers are welcome to enjoy a morning snack.
- Lunch: After the clean up, volunteers are invited to enjoy a free “thank you meal” at the Village Hall starting after 11:30 a.m.
- Contest: A prize will be given to the volunteer who collects the “weirdest, most unusual” piece of trash.
AFP sponsors this annual event to further its mission to engage individuals to take greater responsibility for our community’s beautification. Past clean up days drew more than 100 people. Organizers hope to double participation this year.
GGHoldings Wagon Mound, LLC and New Mexico Clean & Beautiful are also among the key partners in this annual program.
For up-to-date information see angelfirenm.gov.