For More Info About
This Page Contact
Recycle & Trash
PO Box 610
Angel Fire, NM 87710
RECYCLE & TRASH
Recycling and Reuse in Angel Fire
YES, Angel Fire Recycles! You too can be a part of our green effort. Why recycle? For all the following simple reasons:
- Saves Energy
- Saves Natural Resources
- Adds Value to Our Economy
- Saves Our Environment for Future Generations
Where You Can Recycle
Angel Fire Recycle Park is located at 27 Halo Pines Terrace. Here you can leave your cardboard and aluminum for recycling and also drop your household trash.
Recycling is handled at the Angel Fire Collection Center, 55 Camino Grande, found east of Highway 434 near the Moreno Valley High School. The Center accepts all recycle items listed below.
When You Can Recycle
- Angel Fire Recycle Park is open 24 hours a day / 7days a week.
- The Angel Fire Collection Center is open Monday through Friday 7 AM to 3:30 PM, and Saturday 8 to noon. No large trucks or trailer loads after 3:15 PM - NO EXCEPTIONS. All loads must be unloaded by 3:30 PM.You can call 575.377.6967.
What You Can Recycle
Angel Fire does significant recycling of aluminum cans and corrugated cardboard. Aluminum and cardboard are the principle products that can provide a return to the Village. Additionally, at the Recycle Collection Center the Village recycles:
- antifreeze and motor oil,
- brush slash and pine needles (free for Angel Fire property owners)
- For a small fee, the following are are accepted:
- compact florescent light bulbs (for a small fee),
- copper wire and tubing,
- inkjet cartridges,
- lead acid and rechargeable batteries,
- mercury switches and thermometers,
- scrap metal
The Center also accepts reusable clothing and small household items (no large items please).
Examples of scrap metal that the Village can accept, for a modest fee, are major appliances, water heaters, wiring, metal roofing material, and metal siding.
Currently all items are transported to commercial recycling/processing centers for sale, and funds are returned to the Village.
There is a minor fee for slash generated from new construction or from outside the Village limits.
The Village charges for tires varies from $5 - $15, depending on size of the tire.
What You Can’t Recycle in Angel Fire (And Where Else You Might Try)
Taos Recycling Center
Taos will recycle steel cans. The Village does not currently handle steel cans because of space limitations and because of the market (net costs to the Village).
Glass and paper can be recycled in Taos. Taos accepts two grades of paper – office paper with black ink only, and undifferentiated paper (e.g., newspaper). Glass does not have to be sorted by color.
Taos recycles electronic waste through a once-a-year collection event in the spring. Call for information.
How You Can Dispose of Household Waste
Normal household trash can be taken to dumpsters located at the Recycle Park at 27 Halo Pines Terrace or Collection Center at 55 Camino Grande. No construction materials, liquids, appliances, furniture or industrial waste, in any dumpster, please.
A Few Good Reasons Why We Should Recycle
- Recycling 1 aluminum can = equivalent savings of 3 hours of power for a TV.
- Recycling 5 plastic bottles = 1 square foot of carpet.
- Recycling creates 5 times as many jobs as landfilling.
- Recycling all steel currently thrown away would provide enough steel for all new cars made in America.
- Recycling motor oil preserves clean ground water. One quart of oil can pollute over 250,000 gallons of ground water.
Who you can contact for more information
Brian Bredthauer, Solid Waste Supervisor
You Can Make a Difference!