WATER & WASTEWATER
Taking care of Angel Fire's Water and Wastewater needs
The Department of Water and Wastewater for the Village of Angel Fire is tasked with maintaining the deep wells that service the Angel Fire public water system, and maintaining the sewer collection and treatment of Angel Fire liquid waste.
By Village proclamation(Declaration of Drought Emergency in the Village of Angel Fire Proclamation 2012-01), the Village of Angel Fire metered water customers are currently under a Blue Flag for water use restrictions. Following are the restrictions and consequences for violation of this proclamation:
(1) Two (2) days per week outdoor watering restrictions. Odd street addresses are allowed outdoor watering on Wednesdays and Saturdays; even street addresses are allowed outdoor watering on Thursdays and Sundays. Outdoor watering on designated days shall only be allowed between the hours of six o'clock (6:00) A.M. and ten o'clock (10:00) A.M. and six o'clock (6:00) P.M. and ten o'clock (10:00) P.M.
(2) Planting of new sod or turf is not recommended.
(3) The filling of hot tubs is not recommended.
(4) Water is not allowed to run unattended or to run off property in a wasteful manner.
(5) Cleaning of outdoor hard surfaces (streets, driveways, sidewalks, buildings) is prohibited.
(6) Vehicle washing is discouraged and prohibited for fundraising events.
F. Violation; Penalties:
1. Violation: Any person who, in any manner, directly or indirectly violates or permits others under his supervision, custody or control to violate any term of a duly published proclamation shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. Each separate day of water use in violation of such proclamation shall constitute a separate offense, and each separate offense and each separate prohibited use on the same day shall constitute a separate offense.
2. Penalties: First violation will receive a warning; second violation will receive a citation with a fine up to, but not more than, twenty five dollars ($25.00); third and subsequent violations will receive a citation with a fine up to, but not more than, five hundred dollars ($500.00). (Ord. 2011-02, 1-11-2011)
STRUCTURE WASHING EXEMPTION FOR LOCAL CONTRACTORS/OWNER BUILDERS
For Item # 5 – Cleaning of outdoor hard surfaces (streets, driveways, sidewalks, & buildings) is prohibited
This exemption is for the permitted use of such cleaning by local contractors/owner builders who in their day to day operations need to fulfill such activities.
Permits are available at:
Planning & Zoning Department at Village Hall 575-377-1389
Mon through Thurs 7:30-5:30 (closed from 12–1) and Fri 8:00-12:00
Public Works Department 575-377-2305
Located on 18 Services Rd. (next to the Transfer Station)
More in This Section
PO Box 610
Angel Fire, NM 87710
Monday through Friday 7 AM to 3:30 PM
For After Hours and weekend Water & Wastewater emergencies, call dispatcher at 575-754-6166
For Water emergencies only between the hours of 8 AM - 5 PM Monday through Friday, Call Julie Kulhan at 575-377-3232 ext. 117