Building Permits

A permit from each of the following entities must be applied for:

  • Village of Angel Fire Zoning Permit and related Permits
  • State of New Mexico-Construction Industries Division
  • Association of Angel Fire property Owners through the Environmental Architectural Control Committee (EACC)
    Note: Not all construction occurs in Angel Fire Resort HOA property. Resort property is typically south of Sage Lane, please check with the EACC before applying.

Avoiding Fines

To avoid fines, no site clearing or construction should begin until the AFPO Environmental Architectural Control Committee (EACC), and The Village of Angel Fire have approved the required documents.

EACC is responsible for enforcing the restrictive covenants for property located in Angel Fire Resort membership area, to contact the EACC please call Nita Jones, Administrative Assistant,  at 575-377-1135, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 .m. to noon The EACC is located at 3469 Mountain View Boulevard-Post Office Building.


If any lot is in question of being in a wetland, it is the owners responsibility to contact the U.S. Army Corp. of Engineers to obtain a 404 permit. Contact:
4101 Jefferson Plaza NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Phone 505-342-3171

Water Right Fees

Water right acquisition fees my be required, please contact the zoning official by calling 575-377-1389.

Zoning Application Forms

Obtain the Village of Angel Fire zoning application forms required from the Village of Angel Fire Planning and Zoning Department  Please allow 3 to 5 business days for issuance of zoning permit after submittal of all required information. 


Please contact the Village of Angel Fire for required inspections. A survey of the lot showing actual location of finished exterior wall will be required before a framing inspection will be granted.

Once you have your Zoning permit you can have your state application signed by our office to take to the state for your building permit.